Welcome to Moffat Independent Hostel
A luxury hostel perfect for cyclists, kayakers, bikers and hikers!
Moffat Independent Hostel is a friendly, family run hostel that has been set up with the outdoors enthusiast in mind. Moffat is in the heart of the Southern Uplands and is a popular stop on a number of Britain's best long distance biking and hiking trails, including the Southern Upland Way and the John o’Groats to Land’s End cycling route. For those wishing to stick around a little longer, we provide an excellent base for exploring everything that southern Scotland has to offer.
Remember to book direct from our website to receive a 15% discount on all our rates!
- En suite WC and shower in all rooms
- Drying room
- Lock-up secure storage for bikes and kayaks
- Bike washing areas
- Packraft and electric mountain bike rental
- Fully stocked self-catering kitchen
- Public lounge and dining area
- Pool table and board games
- Fast, reliable broadband in all rooms
- On site carpark for up to 6 cars
We offer a range of accommodation in double rooms, twin rooms, quad rooms for small groups, and traditional hostel dorms in four-bunk rooms. Currently, we can accommodate up to 18 guests - for whole-hostel bookings please see our group bookings page for further details.
Staying With Us
A Range of Accommodation for Every Budget!
Note that prices exclude breakfast which is on a self-catering basis.
- Superior Double - From £85 per night
- Standard Twin - From £70 per night
- Superior group room (quad) - From £140 per night
- Standard group room (quad) - From £110 per night
- Bed in a 4-bed dorm: From £30 per night
Please book direct via our website and receive a 15% discount on the above rates!
Check In, Check Out, 24-hour Access
Check in is after 4pm. Check out is by 10.30am. Guests have 24-hour entry to the hostel.
Eating and Drinking
- All guests have access to the public kitchen where you can prepare meals and the lounge/dining area where you are welcome to eat and drink. The hotel reception can provide a small selection of basic groceries and ready meals - and we are only a 10 minute walk from the centre of the village where you will find a Co-Op and a Premier grocery shop.
- Moffat has a good selection of pubs and restaurants including an excellent Italian restaurant - please ask us for more details.
- You are welcome to bring in your own alcohol, but must remain respectful of our other guests. We do not operate a bar at the moment.
Lounge and dining area
Guests are welcome to use the lock-up garage to store equipment such as bikes or kayaks. This is a free service and is on a first come first serve basis.
We have free off street parking for six vehicles. Motorbikes can be stored in the lock-up garage on a first come first served basis when space is available.